Business Management and Economics
This training course has been designed for professionals who are around the chemical industry who are interested in understanding the dynamics of the industry from the perspective of economics and costs.
The world of chemicals is highly dependent on what happens in the energy industry, but also on the specific relationships within the value chain as well as the competition on the end markets for chemical products.
Key Topics Covered
- The external environment – How the macroeconomic and the energy environment affect the chemical industry
- Competitiveness – How companies compete based on their feedstock position, their scale, geography and level of integration
- The value chain – How industry players are influenced by what happens along the value chain
- Project evaluation and feasibility – considerations when planning new projects and understanding financial modelling
- Strategy and competition – Strategic planning in a competitive environment